SEO tools can provide you with some help for the search engine optimization of your website. They let you skip data analysis and repetitious research of keywords.
These SEO tools let you analyse which part of your strategies are working and which are not. Some SEO tools also offer reports of comparison of you to your competitors and where you can do better.
You can employ SEO tools to get reports in just one click and can save both your time and effort.
After going through various SEO tools, I have picked up a few and the best from them. You can select one from it as per your suitability and preference.
So, without wasting any more minute, let’s get to the point and find out which of the tools works best for you.
Best SEO Tools:
Ahrefs is one of the best tools for search engine optimization. It provides you with the largest backlink index. This tool allows you to keep a check on your competitors SEO techniques, keywords, backlinks, and several other elements.
It also provides you with free learning materials and amazing community and support.
- Site explorer- Ahrefs provides you with the synopsis of any website in just one click. It shows you several pieces of information related to a website which includes its ranking, URL ratings, Domain ratings, etc.
- Backlink profile- Ahrefs offers the best backlink index. You just need to enter the URL or domain name and it will reveal all the backlinks pointing towards that URL or domain.
- Organic search- It lets you keep a check upon what keywords your competitors are focusing on.
- New or lost backlinks- It helps you keep an eye on the SEO campaigns of your opponents. In addition, lost links allow you to know about the links that you have lost.
- Content explorer- It allows you to know about the top shared contents on a particular topic.
- Keywords explorer- It lets you research for a keyword based on your main idea and it makes your keyword research quick and easy.
- Outgoing links- It lets you know about the domains from which a site is linked.
- Other- Ahrefs offers various other amazing features like rank tracker, alerts, domain comparison, link intersect feature, etc.
Ahrefs pricing starts from $99/ month and has several different plans.
Pros & Cons-
- It precisely measures search engine ranking for existing content.
- It offers you keyword volumes and enlightens you about the efficiency of that keyword.
- It tracks backlinks to particular pages.
- Plans offered by Ahrefs are quite expensive.
- It can be slow while scanning big websites.
- It has a weak site audit feature.
SEMRush offers you all the marketing tools for your online business and it has one of the biggest keyword databases.
It’s a complete tool for improving your online visibility and ranking.
It provides you with several apps such as SEO toolkit, competitive research toolkit, content marketing tool, social media tool, advertising tool, etc.
- Competitive research- It includes organic research, domain analysis, keyword gap, traffic analysis, and backlink analysis.
- Keyword research- Here SEMRush provides you with a keyword magic tool, keyword overview, keyword difficulty, etc.
- Link Building- This tool offers backlink analytics and backlink audit tools.
- Position tracking- You can track the ranking of your page for the keywords you are focussing on.
- On-page and Tech SEO- It lets you analyze the technicality of your website’s SEO and also allows you to do an on-page SEO audit.
The pricing for SEMRush starts from $119.95/month and it has two more plans other than that.
Pros & Cons
- It offers outstanding traffic analytical features.
- It has the biggest keyword database.
- It’s an easy to use tool.
- It is pretty expensive.
- It does not provide you with very reliable keyword difficulty scores always.
- It does not have an inbuilt SERP analysis feature.
It’s a complete keyword research tool that assists you in choosing different keywords and allows you to accurately infer the competition of those keywords.
- Keyword metrics- KWFinder offers you various keyword metrics that includes keyword competition, search volume, CPC, trends, and PPC.
- Keyword difficulty score- It lets you infer whether a keyword is easy to rank or not.
- Keyword Filters- It shows you only those keywords that are relevant to your main idea.
- SERP Checker- This tool makes manual competitive analysis very simple.
- SERP Watcher- It lets you track the position of your website for a particular keyword.
The pricing of KWFinder starts from $29.90/month and has several distinct plans.
Pros & cons
- It’s user interface is amazing.
- It provides you with the best keyword difficulty score.
- It offers accuracy in search volumes.
- It’s not suitable if you do heavy keyword research.
- You may need a competitor analysis tool with this tool.
- SERP Checker preview is not customizable.
SpyFu is a tool for SEO and PPC. You can get several details about a particular domain including the keyword it ranks for, its competitors, etc. It allows you to do deep keyword research too.
- Keyword research- It includes keyword suggestions, search volumes, and long tail keywords.
- Rank Tracking- This tool offers you SERP rank tracking, rank alerts, and localization.
- Off-page SEO- It provides you with the feature of backlink monitoring and link building.
- SEO reporting- This tool allows competitor analysis, custom reports, data visualization, etc.
Its basic plan is for $39/month, professional plan for $99/month, and team plan for $299/month.
Pros & Cons
- It is a pocket friendly tool.
- offers great support and useful blogs.
- Getting information about your competitor is a lot easier.
- Keyword ranking report could be improved.
- Understanding of its features is a bit difficult.
- Not so efficient for small businesses.
Moz Pro is a complete tool for research and SEO tracking that can help you in mastering SEO and improve the ranking of your website.
Moz Pro provides you with in depth keyword research, site audits, link profile analysis, innovative data sets, competitor data, customizable reporting, rank tracking etc.
It is a great tool for Search engine optimization and it has metrics of industry standard.
- Keyword explorer- It provides you with in depth research of keyword and SERP analysis. It analyzes keywords by search volume and offers various results including keyword difficulty, competitive keyword analysis, etc.
- SEO audit and crawl- Moz Pro crawls large websites and keeps records of recurring issues.
- Link Explorer- This tool offers complete link metrics of any website which also includes page authority and domain authority.
- Rank tracking- It gives you an overview of your keyword ranking for a specific time, month, or year.
- SEO Toolbar- Mozbar is a complete SEO toolbar and includes metrics, custom searches, page overlay, on page highlighter, data export, and authority scores.
Its pricing starts from $99/month, but only $79/ month if you pay annually. In addition, it has three more plans.
Pros & Cons-
- It offers a domain SEO analysis tool for free.
- Moz bar gives you domain authority for every website.
- It has a very easy to comprehend interface and features.
- Its Reporting tool is not that good.
- It has pretty expensive plans.
- Some features are missing.
Ubersuggest helps you in mastering SEO and brings more traffic to the website. You just need to type a domain name or keyword and you can get started with it.
It provides you with a domain overview, keyword suggestions, top SEO pages, backlink data, content ideas, and many more features.
- Domain overview- Ubersuggest provides you with insights into methods and strategies that are doing good for your competitors so that you can adapt and improve accordingly.
- Top SEO pages- It lets you determine which of competitors pages are ranking good for organic keywords and are being liked by the audiences.
- Keyword suggestions- Ubersuggest offers various keywords for you to choose from. In addition, you can also see the keyword volume, competition, and seasonal trends for keywords. It also lets you know which keywords your competitors are using and which are being searched by the people.
- Content Ideas- It introduces you to the top-ranked content in your niche so that you can get an idea of what type of content people are liking.
- Backlink data- It lets you know about the content that people are linking to and then you can ask these sites to link to you.
It has not provided any information related to its pricing or plans so you need to contact ubersuggest to get to know about it.
Pros & Cons
- Its products or services are not that expensive.
- It’s easy to use and simple to understand.
- Keyword research tool is free of cost.
- It does not let you know about the traffic that comes from social channels.
- Mobile application for ubersuggest is not available.
- It is a bit difficult to integrate for new content developers.
Answer the Public
It is an amazing keyword research tool that provides you with lots of keywords for a particular niche.
Answer the Public is a tool that assists you in keyword searching and content ideas. It uses searches from google and bing to display a visualization of data.
This tool is also is predicting what searchers are going to search for and offers great content ideas for youtube, blog, and several other platforms.
- It effectively saves all your data so that you can get back to it for any reference.
- It allows you to perform unlimited searches daily.
- It provides you with new keyword ideas and also lets you compare keyword data over a particular period.
- It allows you to export your data in CSV format.
- It provides you with access to location-based and language-based results.
- It offers high-resolution images for each search.
- It lets you hide visualizations and keyword suggestions.
- It allows you to even hide those results that aren’t relevant to you.
It offers both free and paid plans and its paid plan will cost you $99/month, but you can save 20% if you choose to pay annually and that brings down the cost to $79/month.
Pros & Cons
- It offers visualization that is great and easy to use.
- It lets you export your data in CSV format.
- It offers a free plan.
- It does not offer several keyword metrics such as keyword difficulty, CPC, competition, etc.
- Its paid plan is quite expensive.
- it does not offer keyword search volume.
Keywords everywhere is a browser extension developed for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It allows you to let you know about search volume data and CPCs.
Keywords everywhere provide you with competition metrics, search volume, and everything that helps you to improve your online strategy.
- Bulk upload keywords- It allows you to upload several keywords at once and get to know about them and their metrics in one place.
- Page analysis- Keywords everywhere can be used to analyze keyword data for the analysis of pages.
- Customization- You can set specific currency and search engines for which you want to see data. It provides you with a customization option.
- Favourite keywords- This feature is more like a bookmark. It is a list of keywords along with their metrics marked with a star.
It offers both free and paid plans. Its pricing starts from $10/month and has several other plans and you have to pay accordingly.
Pros & Cons
- Favourite keywords enable you to export your favourite keywords in several formats such as CSV, pdf or excel format.
- It is easy to use and store keywords.
- It offers customization.
- It does not offer accurate data every time.
- It offers limited features in the free version.
Woorank is an easy to use web-based SEO tool that produces website reviews to provide you with various useful data.
It helps online marketers and businesses to achieve a high ranking on search engines, get more traffic on their website, transform their visitors into customers, keep track of competitors’ strategies, and get reasonable returns.
- Keyword Research- Woorank provides you with various keyword suggestions, suggest more specific and longer keywords, and generates search volume for each of the keywords.
- Rank tracking- It provides you with SERP rank tracking that tracks organic rank for your targeted keywords. It also provides rank alerts and ranking based upon geographic locations.
- Off-page SEO- It offers link building and backlink monitoring.
- SEO monitoring- It allows competitor analysis that provides insight on competitors SERP ranking, backlinks, search traffic, etc.
It also allows data visualization that shows ranking and key metrics using charts or graphs.
It also offers custom reports and white labels that allows users to develop customised reports and to add the branding to those SEO reports respectively.
Woorank offers three plans named Pro Plan that will cost you $59.99/month, Premium Plan for $179.99/month, and Enterprise plan that starts from $249.99/month.
Pros & Cons
- It offers site crawling, traffic light system, competitor analysis, and many more.
- It’s an easy to use tool.
- It offers great customer service.
- Its service related to search for keywords is not that accurate and up to date.
- It does not let you do multiple collaborations.
- The analysis of their report is quite difficult.
Siteliner is a tool that is used to analyse a website for proper scanning of it and for finding out the issues that are causing damage to the website’s quality.
It checks for duplicate content, page sizes, and broken links.
Siteliner provides you with results quickly and in real-time. After you enter the URL in the search box, siteliner starts crawling all your pages and shows results in a well-organised manner, but it is only restricted to the website’s internal analysis.
- Duplicate content- Siteliner allows you to assess your domain’s internal duplicate content. In addition, it analyzes 500 pages in one scan rather than one at a time and you can easily access those duplicate content to check where those duplicate contents are.
- Page power- It evaluates the power of a page by checking how many links it gets from other pages.
- Broken links- It ensures that all your wite links are working properly. It will show all broken links into a table that is downloadable that you can use for reference while fixing issues.
- Reports- Siteliner provides you with a detailed report and standard XML sitemap.
Siteliner offers both a free version and a premium version. You have to pay $0.01 to buy credits for premium search, and you can scan one page on each credit.
Pros & Cons
- It allows you to download reports.
- It provides affordable services.
- It offers fast analysis and organised results.
- It only offers internal analysis.
- You can only export table reports in CSV format.
- The scanning can skip a few pages sometimes.
SEOquake is a browser-based plugin that offers various SEO metrics for your webpage. This plugin can also be incorporated into the search engine results for better access.
It is a very easy to use and fast tool, it will offer you all the information about a specific website in just a few seconds and with few clicks.
In addition, SEOquake is free of cost for most of the browsers.
- Page overview- When you click on the icon of SEOquake, you will get an overview of some of the essential SEO parameters that you are going to need and also the basic information about the domain.
- SEOquake Diagnosis- It provides you with the page SEO audit and analyzes three points that are site compliance, mobile compliance, and page analysis.
- Displays external links- In the section of External link you can find out the number of links a page has and where those links are pointing.
- Displays keyword density- It allows you to check the density of your competitors keywords.
- Compare Domain or URL- This allows you to compare your URL with your competitors.
- Shows advertising- This will let you know about the advertising of your competitors domain.
- Keyword difficulty- For checking keyword difficulty you need to first activate SEOquake for SERP.
- Shows backlinks- For accessing reports of backlinks, you need to connect your free SEMRush account to SEOquake.
SEOquake is accessible for free of any cost.
Pros & Cons
- It provides you with a useful diagnosis of your website for you to know where your website is doing good and where you need some improvisation.
- It has an effective domain comparison feature
- This SEOquake extension is not invasive to the browser and works efficiently.
- Its design is not very exciting.
- Results for Keyword density are not easy to interpret.
- Some parameters are quite confusing to understand.
Majestic is an SEO tool that is based on link analysis. It is majorly based on backlinks.
You can find out all the websites that are linked to your website or any other website. It develops its insight from mapping and creation of the biggest link intelligence web index.
- Trust Flow- It shows the quality of links that are pointed towards URLs and websites.
- Citation Flow- It indicates the number or quantity of links pointed towards a particular website.
- Visibility Flow- The score of Visibility Flow lets you know about reliable editorial styles links on the pages with high trust flow.
- Topical Trust Flow- It shows where a website is ranked in comparison with several other websites.
- Flow Metric Scores- It indicates distinct measures of the impact of your content.
Its pricing starts from $78.99/month and has several other plans.
Pros & Cons
- It offers the best citation and backlink analysis.
- It has a great compare domain feature.
- It also offers an extension for Google Chrome.
- Its graphics are not that good.
- It’s a bit confusing to understand.
- It does not offer some metrics such as search volume, etc.
Mastering Search Engine Optimization can take a lot of time and effort, but if you find an appropriate tool for the same it could save all your effort and time. SEO tool helps you in improving the rank of your website, increasing your website’s traffic, suggest you keywords, lets you know about your competitors marketing methods or strategies, and much more.
while choosing an SEO tool you need to keep your expectations and requirements in mind and consider the following points.
Features that tool is offering( it should match with your requirements)
Special or unique features
Ease of use
Customer service, etc.
The features that you need to check for in SEO tools are-
Keyword research or keyword metrics
Link building and backlinking
Content ideas, etc.
I’m glad that you considered this article valuable enough to entirely go through it and I hope this article would have been successful to provide you with some good options and with all the information you need to have for choosing the best SEO tool for you.
All the above-mentioned tools are good and have their speciality but it entirely depends upon your preferences and requirements to choose one from them.
I wish you all the very best.